Tuscany is one of the best places to visit when in Italy. The trip should be more than just wine and food tasting. There are beautiful places here to visit that can give you an incredible experience of their culture. This is the reason why there are plenty of cooking tours in Tuscany. If you happen to have signed up to one of them, then you should know the places that you can visit in Tuscany.
Top Places To Visit While In Tuscany
There’s a lot of places to visit while you are in Tuscany. If you joined The International Kitchen (TIK) Tuscany cooking vacation, then there is a huge possibility that you would be able to visit some of these places. Culinary vacations with TIK usually comes with accommodation, wine and cheese tasting, as well as learning about their culture through culinary tours and visits at local sites. Here are some of the places that you can visit at Tuscany:
- One of the most popular central cities in Tuscany and just in between the Adriatic coasts and the Mediterranean coast. This city is on the hillside while its upper section has the historic old town. The lower section, on the other hand, is more modern and focused on industry and trade.
- This is very well known for its contribution to the arts as well as the culture of modern society. Today, Florence is one of the best places to visit because of its breathtaking attractions. You can take the time to visit the Duomo and Baptistery, the Ponte Vecchio along the Arno River, as well as the Piazza Della Signora.
- This is one of the most visited port cities in Italy. It is located on the Mediterranean coast. The port has commercial and passenger ships that you can watch as they come and go while enjoying the beauty of the harbor.
- This Tuscan city played a very important role in Italy especially during the middle ages and the Renaissance. This is close to Pisa and has beautiful buildings that will surely take your breath away. One of its main features is its complete city wall complex that encloses the entire historic town.
- Another stunning city with definitely something to offer to the tourists. This is known for its iconic leaning tower. This is ‘campanille’ that is part of a larger complex that has the Duomo di Pisa, baptistery, and also the monumental cemetery.
- This is located near Florence and Pisa but is definitely a great place to visit. Considered as a standalone tourism destination, Pistoia is where the pistol firearm was born. While you’re here, visit the Cathedral of St. Zeno, Baptistry, and the complex of San Giovanni Fuorciitas. You can also tour around the Museo Capitolare and the Pistoia Zoo.
Once in Tuscany, never forget to bring your camera with you when you walk around its cities. Aside from great food and local wine, you should never miss out on the chance to experience their culture through their picture-perfect places that you can visit.