Plasma cutters are the best devices that you should have in your garage. This is perfect for anyone who needs to cut through metals of different types, thickness, and sizes. Maximizing your output and productivity is very important especially if you need to use this for your business, or even for your hobby. That’s what you need to remain competitive in this industry. The plasma cutter that you will choose will play a very important role in determining the type of materials that you can cut. This will also determine the maximum thickness of material that you would be able to work on.
Here are the tips that can help guide you when choosing the best welders and plasma cutters.
Type Of Plasma Cutting. This is the first factor that you have to take into consideration. Are you going to cut by hand? Or on a table? There are plasma cutting tools that can do both where it can be converted from a handheld cutter to a mechanized cutting.
- Hypertherm 08807 Powermax30 XP. Well known for its design if you are looking for a high-performance cutting tool.
Thickness Of Material. Once you have the type of plasma figured out, it is time to consider the thickness of the material that you are planning to cut. Remember that the general rule is to choose a system that is within the recommended cut capacity which is 80%, that will match the thickness of the material that you want to cut.
- Super Deal Plasma Cutter CUT-50. If you like doing DIY projects, then this is the best choice for you. Ideal for those whose job will require cutting metals of different shapes, thickness, and sizes.
Cut Quality. It is important that the quality is considered. This will not only affect the quality of your finished piece, but it will also save time in the later stages of production. Anyone would want a clean, smooth edge so don’t waste time on secondary work. A good plasma cutter will create a narrower kerf or cut width. This means that it will achieve more precise cuts and less wasted metal.
- Lotos LTPDC2000D. A 3-in-1 machine that can be used for cutting, TIG welding, or stick welding. A multipurpose device that can definitely give you the value for your money.
Reliability. In any product that you choose, reliability is very important. The most reliable plasma cutters are made with fewer parts and use a software instead of hardware. These should also be manufactured to ISO standards and are tested and proven. This will result in a more efficient and higher duty cycle.
- Primeweld Cut50. Specifically designed to stand against rigorous and extensive use. It can cut fast and precisely through different types of metals.
Ease of Use and Portability. If you move a lot or work away from your shop, you would want a device that you can bring with you without a problem. Some plasma cutters have a technology that can automatically adjust to different voltages and voltage variations.
- Everlast PowerPro. If you want to consider portability and durability, then this is the best plasma cutter for you. This is also very easy to use and is highly recommended for beginners.
Device Cost. It is important that aside from the factors mentioned above, you should also choose a plasma cutter that is just within your budget. There are plenty of options in the market this days so make sure that you have already set your budget before you shop for your device.
- Lotos LTP5000D 50Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc. One of the most affordable, high-performing plasma cutter in the market and it is the best choice for welding and cutting.
These are some of the factors that you have to consider when you are planning to purchase a plasma cutting tool. This may include capacity, cut quality, duty cycle, reliability, the ease of use, and of course, the operating cost. Check out the products mentioned above if you want to get the value for your money.