RYA Day Skipper Combi - Sail
RYA Day Skipper Theory and Practical combined “Master Class”
A great way to put theory straight into practice. This course will cover a comprehensive introduction to chart work, navigation, and meteorology as well as pilotage, seamanship and boat handling up to the standard required to skipper a small cruising yacht safely by day in tidal waters with which the student is familiar.
Under the careful supervision of a fully qualified RYA instructor, with a maximum ratio of three students to one instructor (four if couples sharing double cabins) your learning time is maximised. With our low student to instructor ratios during the course you will have plenty of opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the practical & theory elements of the Day Skipper syllabus.
The course is split into two sections, four days are classroom based and five days water based - typically 2 days classroom, 5 days water, 2 days classroom - throughout the nine days of the course you will be staying onboard the yacht. No need to find alternative accomodation!
All student theory course material is included in the price and a training Almanac, Plotter & dividers are available for loan.
Suggested pre course experience 5 days sea time, 100 miles and 4 night hours.
RYA Training Almanac, Plotter, Dividers, RYA Sail Cruising scheme logbooks and the RYA Day Skipper practical handbook are available for purchase separately from your instructor, or you can click the banner below to order from the RYA.
- Nine nights accommodation aboard usually from Friday evening to Sunday
- Five full days of sailing tuition
- Guaranteed single cabin occupancy – Unless a couple sharing
- Your bed made for you using freshly laundered linen
- Breakfasts and lunches during the instruction days*
- Four freshly prepared homemade evening meals during sailing tuition days aboard
- Snacks, soft drinks & hot drinks
- All Fuel & Berthing fees
- A fully qualified, hand selected instructor
- A well appointed fully safety coded yacht with modern electronics
- Your deserved RYA Certificates
*Breakfast is supplied onboard for 9 days, lunch is provided during the sailing instruction days