RYA Coastal Skipper - Sail
RYA Coastal Skipper
This course designed by the RYA is a five day and five nights on board experience, the aim of which is to teach the skills and techniques required to skipper a cruising yacht safely on coastal and offshore passages by day and night.
Under the careful supervision of a fully qualified RYA Yachtmaster instructor, with a maximum ratio of three students to one instructor (four if couples sharing double cabins). During the course you will have maximum learning opportunity which is afforded by our low student/Instructor ratios.
Suggested minimum pre course experience 15 days sea time - 2 days as skipper - 300 miles and 8 night hours. Navigation to coastal skipper standard. And sailing to day skipper standard
An RYA Sail Cruising scheme logbook is available for purchase separately.
- Five nights accommodation aboard usually from Friday evening to Tuesday evening
- Five full days of sailing tuition usually Saturday to Wednesday
- Guaranteed single cabin occupancy – Unless a couple sharing
- Your bed made for you using freshly laundered linen
- Five breakfasts and lunches during the instruction days
- Four freshly prepared homemade evening meals aboard
- Snacks, soft drinks & hot drinks
- All Fuel & Berthing fees
- A fully qualified, hand selected instructor
- A well appointed fully safety coded yacht with modern electronics
- Your deserved RYA Certificate