RYA Day Skipper - Sail
RYA Day Skipper Practical
This RYA Day Skipper course is designed as a five day and five nights on board experience, to teach pilotage, navigation, seamanship and boat handling up to the RYA Day Skipper standard required to take charge of a cruising yacht safely by day in tidal waters with which the student is familiar.
Under the careful supervision of a fully qualified RYA instructor, with a maximum ratio of three students to one instructor (four if couples sharing double cabins) your learning time is maximised. With our low student to instructor ratios during the course you will have plenty of opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the Day Skipper syllabus.
Suggested pre course experience 5 days sea time, 100 miles and 4 night hours.
RYA Sail Cruising scheme logbooks and the RYA Day Skipper practical handbook are available for purchase separately, or you can click the banner below to order from the RYA.
- Five nights accommodation aboard usually from Friday evening to Tuesday evening
- Five full days of sailing tuition usually Saturday to Wednesday
- Guaranteed single cabin occupancy – Unless a couple sharing
- Your bed made for you using freshly laundered linen
- Five breakfasts and lunches during the instruction days
- Four freshly prepared homemade evening meals aboard
- Snacks, soft drinks & hot drinks
- All Fuel & Berthing fees
- A fully qualified, hand selected instructor
- A well appointed fully safety coded yacht with modern electronics
- Your deserved RYA Certificate
If you are unable to complete the Day Skipper course in 5 consecutive days we may be able to offer it as a split weekend. Please contact us to discuss. Whole boat booking may be required.